Faculty of Education Qualification Details
Further Education and Training Certificate: Archives and Records Management
SAQA ID 64069, Level 4, 141 Credits.
Purpose of Qualification
The purpose of the qualification is to prepare practitioners who are able to ensure that records are kept for a range of purposes is the primary purpose of the Records and Archives professionals, in a wide range of sectors. The Records and Archives profession continues to seek out new ways to meet the changing needs of identifying, retrieving, preserving, and conserving information and items through well-structured record classification systems and record keeping systems, while at the same time dealing with significant changes in technology.
This Qualification will enable learners within the Archives and Records Management environment to improve professionalism and enhance the quality-of-service delivery. It will also contribute to the further development of learners within the Archives and Records Management environment by providing articulation, recognition and mobility within this dynamic and ever-changing environment.
Qualification Career Prospects
- Develop Youth Development Practitioners such as:
- Archives and Records Managers
- Frontline Archives and Records Customer Service Official
- Library Assistant.
- This qualification provides an opportunity for:
- People entering the industry and those already working in it maintain and improve their competencies in meeting and anticipating the needs of their organisations
- People capable of analysing, acquiring, synthesising, organising, conserving, evaluating and disseminating records
- Records and Archives practitioners who will be able to add value to the services they provide for customers.
- Communicate in a variety of ways in the provision of Records and Archives support services
- Use mathematics and mathematical thinking to solve everyday problems for him/herself and the Records and Archives services profession
- Manage archival materials and records
- Provide routine frontline customer services for archives and records
- Administer routine Records and Archives support services.
- Anyone whois competent in:
- Mathematical Literacy NQF Level 3
- Communication NQF Level 3
- Computer Literacy NQF Level 3.
Synopsis of the Course
- Communication One
- Communication Two
- Manage Archival Material and Records
- Administer Routine Records and Archives Support Services
- Provide Routine Frontline Customers
- Provide Routine Frontline Customers (Specialisation).
The PID training approach is highly interactive. It uses a mixture of presentations by the facilitator and by participant(s). A variety of methodologies is used such as group or individual exercises, case studies and role plays. These proven learning techniques enhance understanding and retention of the different focus issues.
Blended Learning Approach
PID uses mostly Blended learning Approach which involves using a variety of instructional resources and teaching methods in order to deliver content in multiple ways such as Distance Learning, Online Learning and Contact Learning.